Why Choose SMCECConvenience
The San Mateo Event Center is the only venue serving all of the major population centers in the Bay Area via freeways.
Elements of Success
- 195,000 Sq. Ft. of facility sizes from small meeting space up to the only100,000+ Sq. Ft. exposition hall outside of San Francisco
- Professional team of events managers offering 24/7 single-point contact
- Easy access to all three major airports and Cal Trans
- 48 acres of parking and outside activities space
- Committed, Professional Staff
- Lighting, Decorating and Security
- Parking/RV Parking
History of SMCEC
- In-house event production services when you require innovative thinkers, flexible approaches and professionals that anticipate your needs
- Single point of contact available 24/7
The County Fair started as the “Little Flower Show” in 1926 at McKinley School in Burlingame. The Fair was cancelled during the Great Depression. In 1935 it was renamed the San Mateo County Products & Floral Fiesta and took place at Bay Meadows Racetrack. In 1939 the San Mateo County Fair Association was incorporated and the San Mateo County Fair became an annual community event enjoyed by all. Over the years the San Mateo County Event Center has evolved to become the Bay Area's top destination for consumer and trade events, meetings, festivals, corporate events, sporting events and much more.